Thursday, May 8, 2008

Self Portraits




I really didn’t have any ideas going into this project. I wanted to capture myself in a very natural state. My ideas changed faintly. I became more focused on actually figuring out what I was going to do for my portraits. My leading line photo was the most creative moment because the angle of the photo really helped to enhance the feeling. The most difficult thing I think was making my photos interesting visually. It plays a major part in the success of my portraits because the whole goal is to take an interesting self portrait.
There were some pictures that were set up specifically. Others were just spur of the moment type things. Compositionally I enhanced the levels to make them more visually appealing. The thing that weakened my photos was the way the camera took the photo. It made it kind of blurry and hard to adjust the levels and make them look good. The portrait with the strongest composition was the leading line picture because the way it was set up made it interesting.
My pictures were not too bright or blurry by accident. I adjusted the iso to make the picture darker and clearer. My lack of understanding did hinder my abilities. My level of craftsmanship is medium. I do my best but still don’t understand a lot. My strengths are my ideas and how I try to execute them with the camera. My weaknesses are my camera skills and comprehension of the project.
I’m pretty happy with the way my photos came out. I think I did well on figuring out what I wanted to do in time. If I had to redo this assignment I would think harder and figure out sooner what I wanted in my photos. My favorite shot overall was the leading line photo because I look really natural. My least favorite shot was the rule of 3rds because it was the most boring one. I liked this assignment but not as much as the other ones.

No comments: